Policies and Resources
*NOTICE: This page will be updated with current information as CDC COVID-19 and COVID-Variant regulations and recommendations evolve.
With recent changes in COVID regulations, Lighthouse Learning Solutions will now be offering sessions both in-person and online. One-to-one, virtual services are held via Zoom. These services include:
- academic evaluation
- educational therapy
- tutoring sessions
- homeschool support
- training and consultation
In-person sessions will be held in accordance with the following guidelines:
- In home or on-campus sessions must be held in a quiet, open area (indoor or outdoor) where social distancing is possible.
- For indoor sessions, all persons present will be required to wear a mask.
- For outdoor sessions, masks will be required when social distancing is not possible.
- Clients scheduled for in-person services will be required to sign an Informed Consent for In-Person Services and the LHLS Sick Policy contract prior to beginning sessions.
- All adults in the student’s home must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- If anyone in the student’s home may be sick, or has come into contact with anyone who is sick within the previous 24 hours, the session will be rescheduled or held virtually. Please review our LHLS Sick Policy for more information.
- If students experience a fever, or are medicated for a fever, within 24 hours of the session, the session will be rescheduled or held virtually.
- All those present for the session must respect current CDC social-distancing guidelines.
Creating a Successful Learning Environment
While virtual learning can be difficult for many students, there are ways to set up our students for success in this unique learning environment! It is important to remember that following a consistent routine with reasonable expectations can make all the difference in your child’s success. The following suggestions can help you create a supportive virtual learning space for your child:
- Create and post a schedule that everyone can follow
- Set up a designated learning space that is quiet, free from distraction, comfortable, welcoming, and contains all the necessary materials, including:
- a computer or tablet and power cords
- headphones or earbuds
- writing paper and utensils
- a white board and markers
- a binder for storing and organizing work
- a water bottle or beverage
Distance Learning & Homeschooling Resources
- Lighthouse Homeschool Solutions – complete world and U.S. history, science, and literature units of study
- ALEKS – K-12 and higher education math courses
- IXL – leveled math, language arts, science, social studies, and Spanish language practice
- Mosa Mack Science – full science courses in the life, Earth, and physical sciences
- Kids Discover Online – social studies and science units of study